Showcase your photography skills during our annual Amateur Photography Contest.
How to enter:
• Submit your photos to the Adult/Teen or Children’s Information Desks during library hours on Wed., July 6 - Sat., July 9, 2022. No late entries accepted.
• Maximum number of entries is two per person. They can be in the same or different photo categories.
• Age categories are: Adult (18+), Teen (12 - 17), Children (7 - 11), and Lil’ Snapper (1 - 6). The Lil’ Snapper age group is a non-judged open division, an opportunity for budding young photographers to showcase their first photos.
• Photo categories are: People, Animals, and Nature/Landscapes (includes buildings). Judges may recategorize photos if necessary.
• Photos must be 5x7” prints and matted in an 8x10” matte board only (matte boards available at hobby stores). Use a separate entry form for each photo and tape completed form to the back of the matte board. A sample matted photo is available at either Information Desk. Entry forms will also be available at the Information Desks, and on the library’s website to download and print.
There will be three prizes per category and age group, compliments of the Friends of the Library:
First Place $20
Second Place $15
Third Place $10
Adult Best in Show $50
Teen Best in Show $40
Childrens’ Best in Show $30
Each photo will be judged for impact, composition, and quality of lighting. The judges are local professional photographers and instructors:
Alan Doe, Gary Harwood, and Jim Roetzel.
Judges’ awards will be announced on Mon., July 18 at 9 AM. Photos will be on display in the library July 18 - 31. Visitors to the display will be able to vote for their favorite photos; the adult or teen photo with the most votes will win the Stephen Pierce Memorial People’s Choice Award, and the children’s photo with the most votes will win the Spike the Turtle Kids’ Choice Award.
Winning photographers will be contacted about submitting a digital copy of their photo for display in the library’s online Flickr albums. Photographs remain property of the entrant and must be picked up at the Adult Information Desk, along with any prizes won, beginning August 2. Any photos not picked up by August 20 will be discarded. This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
- Friday, July 8, 2022
- All Day Event
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- All Ages
- Contest Summer Reading Event